Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Living on the edge

By "on the edge..." I don't mean edgy, I mean the basic life premise of survival that is on the tipping point, feeling that one is just not quite going to make it. The little daily events that push one to the edge, that test one's daily basic sense of sanity.

Today's "edge" was Genesis being down, a phrase that sparked concern with our high school students that thought maybe someone fell down, or was hurt, worse yet, maybe even shot. For teachers, it meant that the new district-wide grading/attendance/scheduling system was not in operation. Not a big deal under normal circumstances, but at the start of the year, very frustrating. My internal advice, roll with it.

Oh, then the electricity blinked and caused my computer to turn off. Not such a big deal until I realized the presentation screen turned purple and was no longer talking to my computer. Bad purple screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment